As we’re sure all Mixamate customers are aware by now, new General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) comes into play this Friday 25thMay. Mixamate does not engage in email marketing (sou you won’t have received a GDPR email from us!) And more generally the company chooses to use ‘pull-marketing’ techniques such as SEO and Social Media to make people aware of our services. Nonetheless, we need to make you aware of how the new GDPR regulations effect you and your company.
Some basic elements of GDPR are:
- The right to be informed– this is a right to be informed about the collection and use of personal data, retention periods and purpose of use.
- The right of access– this is the right to access your personal data and be aware of the lawfulness of processing
- The right to rectification– this is the right to have incorrect data corrected
- The right to erasure– this is the right to have your data permanently deleted, although this is not an absolute right and only applies in certain circumstances
- The right to restrict processing– this is the right to request a restriction or suppression of the processing of your data and again, only applies in certain circumstances
- The right to data portability– this is the right to have your data provided in a format that is easily transferrable to other data processors
- The right to object– this is the right to object to processing and will depend on the legal basis of processing your data
If you have any specific questions about the data Mixamate currently has on your or your business, or how we use this, then please get in contact with us directly and we can see what, if any, information we hold.